Choosing the right time to buy an air conditioner can be very tricky, but if you time it right it will end up saving you both time and money. Different people have different needs – maybe your old unit just broke down in spring or perhaps you’re doing a renovation over the summer holidays? There are a few factors to consider to make sure your air conditioning installation is the most seamless experience possible.
Renovations and major works are always a bit of a pain, but if you do your research and plan for the best time to complete your air conditioning installation, you’ll be laughing when the summer heat rolls around.
Installing Before a Home is Built
This won’t work for everyone, but the best time to install is actually before the house is constructed. Many high-set or two-story homes simply don’t have the space to install fully ducted air after they are already built. Even if they do have space, reaching up into the ceiling and down into the floors can be very difficult, and therefore costly.
Implementing an air conditioner in the process earlier will mean less plaster has to be cut later down the track. A good air conditioning installer or HVAC professional should also be able to advise you on the best location for the unit, so you can maximise cooling in summer and heating in winter. If the unit is built into the design of your house, you will save money in the long-term. Unfortunately, you may not be able to install air conditioning when you are building or renovating, so picking the best time will be a matter of choosing the right time of year.
Installing In Summer
If you’ve left buying your air conditioner until summer, it’s likely you’ve left it until the last minute. Choosing summer for your air conditioner installation is, simply put, not ideal. It is the busiest time for installations, so it will likely be more difficult to book a HVAC professional to come to your home. Meanwhile, you’ll be waiting in the sweltering heat with no cooling options.
Rushing in to a purchase in summer also means you may have not had time to do the research to find a unit that is best for your home. It’s important to get a system that suits the size and shape of your house, so any rushed appointments may mean you’re left disappointed with the outcome.
Installing In Spring or Winter
Picking a month in the off-season is a much better time to install an air conditioning unit, but be sure to choose the right time.
• Although spring may seem like a good time to install a system, it is actually a very busy time for air con installers, with many people thinking they are getting ahead for the summer season.
• Winter is a common option that many choose, but, despite some people owning fireplaces, a lot of people still use their air conditioning unit in the colder months, so new installations or replacements may still be crowding the market.
Installing In Autumn
The best time to install an air conditioning unit is in autumn, as the demand is at its lowest. After the summer, retailers often are overstocked with units, so it’s a good time to look for sales and discounts. You might grab a bargain picking up last year’s model.
• Fewer buyers means that it will be easier to book an installer or HVAC professional. Less demand might also mean that you can secure a lower price.
• Thinking about your purchase in the off-season also means that you have more time to research exactly what kind of system will work for your property. It can even be a good idea to get multiple evaluations and quotes for your house so you can shop around and get the best deal possible.
• By having your air conditioner unit set up in autumn, you have adequate time to prepare and maintain the unit before the weather starts getting warm again.
Choosing the right time to buy an air conditioner unit will save you time and money and will also make the process less of a rush, so you can make the best decisions for your home.
If you have any questions about your AC system or would like to know more about installation, maintenance, or replacing filters, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. With over 9 years experience under our belt, we pride ourselves on providing air con services of the highest quality. Get in touch with us today.